My son has his birthday on Halloween, so the fall is very special for our family. Every year we look forward to enjoying the brisk weather and experiencing all of the farm fun that Maryland has to offer. Here are a few of our favorites:
3. Queen Anne Farm-This farm in Mitchellville, Maryland has all the fall festivities! A petting zoo, hayride, pumpkin patch (and pre- picked pumpkins), mums and other fall vegetation are available for purchase.
4. Butler's Orchard-This orchard, and fall family fun extravaganza, has an annual pumpkin festival. With a variety of free activities like hayrides and slides, and others that have an additional fee (like pumpkin launching and Pick Your Own apples), you are sure to find something for everyone to enjoy.
5. Larriland Farm-A Howard County favorite for hayrides, apple picking, and pumpkin patching, you can also take a trip through the "boo barn", a not so scary Halloween venture.
6. TLV Tree Farm-TLV is our family's annual place to meet Santa and cut our own tree. They also have a hayride to the pumpkin patch, and we love it! With a variety of heirloom pumpkins, the kids really enjoy picking a unique one for the porch.
7. Rodgers' Farm-Formerly North Run Farm, Rodgers' has hayrides, pumpkins (including pick your own), a mini maze, fresh apples, and cider.
8. Baugher's-Baugher's is a fall wonderland. They have a restaurant on site with pit beef and homemade ice cream, but they also have the standard pumpkin patch hayride. A fun addition is another hayride to pick your own apples!
10. Gaver Tree Farm-Gaver Tree is a huge place with animal petting, pumpkin patch and hayride, food, and a ton of fun things for the kids to do (for a fee).
A lot of these places get very crowded on weekends and school days off. My best advice is to go early in the season. As always, please consult the websites (or call) before leaving for the day. Did I miss any that you would add to this list?
Don't forget to follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook, and Twitter for more family fun!
STANDARD FTC DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Please note that I only endorse products that are in alignment with Stained with Style's ideals and that I believe would be of value to my readers. Stained with Style is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Stained with Style is also a participant in the Ting and Instant Pot affiliates programs.